Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Cactus Problem





Today for my summer Learning Journey I have to pretend that I have a cactus and i have to put water in it i have to use 3 mls of water  to keep it alive and i forget to water it for a whole year how much water did I forget to use in the cacti ? I am not sure what is the answer but  it think that it will be close to 1000mls to use inside of the cactus . Anyway if you have not registered for the summer Learning Journey Make sure to because you can win a-lot of fun prizes and they have different activates every year .

Summer Learning Journey . 
Click here to register.

2 comments:

  1. Malo O Lelei Liane,

    I like the way you added the link to register for SLJ. Next Time if you want to be positive with your answer you can use a calculator. This reminds me of when I do my math's at school I need a calculator. What made you think it was close to 1000mls?

    That's all for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again Liane, it's Billy here again from SLJ.

    Thanks for sharing your thought process for the cacti maths problem.

    It's great to see that you've used the correct measurement, millilitres.
    You've also made a fairly accurate estimation of 1000mls or 1litre. Well done!

    I solved it like this;

    First I separated 365 into 300, 60 and 5, using my place value knowledge.

    Then I multiplied each of these three numbers by 3 because that's how much water a cactus plant needs.

    The answers were;

    900, 180, 15

    Then you simply add them all together again, and your answer is 1095mls or 1.095L. So as you can see you were very close.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete